It’s Master vs Apprentice this weekend as Jose Mourinho’s Tottenham visit Frank Lampard’s Chelsea in GameDay’s blockbuster clash.
talkSPORT will be at Stamford Bridge on Saturday lunchtime for this huge Premier League London derby.
It’s fitting for a grudge match of this magnitude to begin what is a heavyweight spectacular on talkSPORT, with the Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury title match coming to you live from Las Vegas overnight.
Lampard and Mourinho enjoyed huge successes while player and manager at Chelsea, but a lot has changed since their heyday in the mid-noughties.
Lampard is now in the hotseat in west London while Mourinho has moved north to become Spurs boss.
Just a point and a place separate these two in the table ahead of kick-off and the race for a top-four finish is really heating up, especially given Manchester City’s Champions League ban.
A Willian double gave Chelsea a 2-0 win in the reverse fixture just before Christmas where Heung-Min Son was also sent off.
But who will win this weekend’s intriguing tie? talkSPORT will be your only place to find out.
Chelsea vs Tottenham: How to listen
The Premier League clash will get underway at 12:30pm on Saturday, February 22.
Full commentary from Stamford Bridge will be exclusively live on talkSPORT, with our coverage starting at 11am.
Reshmin Chowdhury will bring you all the build-up before handing over to Sam Matterface and Stuart Pearce for our live and exclusive commentary.
To tune in, just click here for the live stream or click the radio player below.
You can also listen through the talkSPORT App, on DAB Digital Radio or on MW 1053 or 1089.
For more information about how to listen LIVE on talkSPORT click here.
Chelsea vs Tottenham: Match stats
- Chelsea have won their last two Premier League games against Tottenham, last winning three in a row in March 2006, when they were managed by current Spurs boss Jose Mourinho.
- Tottenham have won just one of their last 33 away games against Chelsea in all competitions (D11 L21), a 3-1 win in April 2018 in a Premier League fixture.
- The away side has won three of the last five Premier League meetings between Chelsea and Spurs (L2), with that occurring just once in the previous 23 games (W1 D9 L13).
- Chelsea have lost seven home games in all competitions this season – they last lost more at Stamford Bridge in a single campaign back in 1985/86 (8).
- Chelsea are winless in four Premier League games (D2 L2), last having a longer such run in the competition between October-December 2012 (seven games).
- Tottenham have won 499 top-flight away games, and could become the seventh team to reach 500 wins on the road after Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester United, Everton, Aston Villa and Chelsea.
- In the Premier League, Spurs manager Jose Mourinho has won 79 games at Stamford Bridge, all during his two spells as Chelsea manager – however, as an away venue he is yet to win there in three attempts (D1 L2), only managing more often at St James’ Park (7) without winning away from home.
- Chelsea boss Frank Lampard – who made 140 Premier League appearances under Jose Mourinho – beat him in their first league managerial meeting back in December 2019. Only one manager has ever won his first two league games against Mourinho – Boavista’s Jaime Pacheco in September 2001.
- Only Arsane Wenger (106) and Harry Redknapp (39) have won more Premier League London derbies as managers than Tottenham’s Jose Mourinho (37). Mourinho has the best win ratio of any manager to have managed in 20 or more (37 wins in 56 games, 66 per cent).
- 20 of Tottenham’s 43 Premier League goals this season have been scored by the injured duo Harry Kane (11) and Son Heung-Min (9) – the next highest goalscorer for Spurs is Dele Alli on seven.
Chelsea vs Tottenham: Team news
Chelsea are set to be without N’Golo Kante, Christian Pulisic and Callum Hudson-Odoi.
Tammy Abraham and Andreas Christensen should be fit despite a slight problems while Ruben Loftus-Cheek could play his first minutes of the season.
Jorginho is one yellow card away from a two-match suspension.
Tottenham’s injuries are building up with Son joining Harry Kane on the treatment table.
Moussa Sissoko and Juan Foyth also remain out of action.