The Champions League is back – and with a bang too.
Not only are holders Liverpool facing Napoli in Italy – live on talkSPORT – on their return to the competition they won in June, but we’ve also got huge clashes across the continent.
On Tuesday, five-time winners Barcelona travel to Borussia Dortmund as they look to end a surprising five-year trophy drought in Europe’s elite club tournament – a game you can listen to live on talkSPORT 2.
Meanwhile, on Wednesday, last season’s losing finalists Tottenham Hotspur face Olympiakos in Greece, while Real Madrid travel to France to take on Paris Saint-Germain.
LIVE on talkSPORT
Check out all the live commentaries coming up across the talkSPORT network this week
- Napoli vs Liverpool (Tuesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT
- Borussia Dortmund vs Barcelona (Tuesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Olympiakos vs Tottenham (Wednesday, 5:55pm) – talkSPORT
- Shakhtar Donetsk vs Man City (Wednesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT
- PSG vs Real Madrid (Wednesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Eintracht Frankfurt vs Arsenal (Thursday, 5:55pm) – talkSPORT 2
They’re matches to get supporters salivating and given the competition averaged 2.93 goals per game we’re expecting some wild nights around the continent.
But who are the top goal scorers in Champions League group stage history? Find out below.
10= Thierry Henry (Monaco, Arsenal, Barcelona) – 29
10= Filippo Inzaghi (Juventus, AC Milan) – 29
9. Didier Drogba (Marseille, Chelsea, Galatasaray) – 30
8. Alessandro Del Piero (Juventus) – 31
7. Robert Lewandowski (Borussia Dortmund, Bayern München) – 34
6. Zlatan Ibrahimović (Ajax, Juventus, Internazionale Milano, Barcelona, AC Milan, Paris, Manchester United) – 36
5. Raúl González (Real Madrid, Schalke) – 37
4. Ruud van Nistelrooy (PSV Eindhoven, Manchester United, Real Madrid, Hamburg) – 39
3. Karim Benzema (Lyon, Real Madrid) – 43
2. Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United, Real Madrid, Juventus) – 61
1. Lionel Messi (Barcelona) – 66