If you believe in omens, then you’ll be pretty confident Chelsea will reach the Champions League final this year.
Why? Because they’ve been drawn in the same group as Valencia.
It’s the third time the Blues have come up against the Spanish side in the group stages, and the campaign went pretty well on the previous two occasions.
In the 2007/08 season, Chelsea reached the final in Moscow, only to be beaten on penalties by Manchester United after John Terry’s infamous slip.
And four years later, during the 2011/12 season, the Blues finally won the Champions League by beating Bayern Munich in their own back yard.
So both times Chelsea have been put in a group with Valencia, they’ve reached the final.
And their record against Los Ches makes for good reading, too.
Chelsea are yet to lose against Valencia in six meetings, winning three and drawing three.
The last encounter between the two sides resulted in a 3-0 win for the Blues in December 2011.
Frank Lampard’s first ever European clash as manager comes on Tuesday when Valencia travel to Stamford Bridge.
And there could be European debuts for Tammy Abraham, Mason Mount, and Fikayo Tomori, who have taken the Premier League by storm at the start of the season.
LIVE on talkSPORT
Check out all the live commentaries coming up across the talkSPORT network this week
- Napoli vs Liverpool (Tuesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT
- Borussia Dortmund vs Barcelona (Tuesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Olympiakos vs Tottenham (Wednesday, 5:55pm) – talkSPORT
- Shakhtar Donetsk vs Man City (Wednesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT
- PSG vs Real Madrid (Wednesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Eintracht Frankfurt vs Arsenal (Thursday, 5:55pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Leicester vs Tottenham (Saturday, 12:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Leeds vs Derby (Saturday, 12:30pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Everton vs Sheffield United (Saturday, 3pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Newcastle vs Brighton (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT
- West Brom vs Huddersfield (Sunday, 12pm) – talkSPORT 2