Henrikh Mkhitaryan expressed his delight the missing 13-year-old who featured in his unveiling at Roma has been found.
An image of the Kenyan teenager was used by the Serie A club on Twitter, accompanying a post announcing Mkhitaryan had joined from Arsenal.
Replying to Roma, he said “What great news.”
In the summer, the club revealed they would be using transfers to help raise awareness about missing children.
“A 13-year-old boy featured in the #ASRoma announcement video for @HenrikhMkh has been found safe and reunited with his family,” Roma tweeted.
“The club partnered with the amazing @missingchild_ke in July to raise awareness about cases of children missing in Kenya.”
This comes after a girl from London was found after appearing next to the Italian side’s signing of defender Mert Cetin.
Mkhitaryan joined Roma on a season-long loan after an uninspiring 18 months at the north London club.
Armenian Mkhitaryan has made a decent start to his Roma career though, scoring on his Serie A debut which saw his side beat Sassuolo 4-2.
His goal also came on the same day the Kenyan boy was found.
Roma have partnered with two missing child charities – the US-based National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) and Italy-based Telefono Azzurro.
The campaign is inspired by rock band Soul Asylum’s music video for their 1992 song Runaway Train.
It highlights the faces and names of missing children and is similar to those printed on millions of milk cartons in the USA during the 1980s and 90s.
At the time of the launch, Paul Rogers, head of strategy at Roma, said: “We want to use the viral nature of social media transfer announcements to help raise awareness for missing children.”
LIVE on talkSPORT
Check out all the live commentaries coming up across the talkSPORT network this week
- Napoli vs Liverpool (Tuesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT
- Borussia Dortmund vs Barcelona (Tuesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Olympiakos vs Tottenham (Wednesday, 5:55pm) – talkSPORT
- Shakhtar Donetsk vs Man City (Wednesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT
- PSG vs Real Madrid (Wednesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Eintracht Frankfurt vs Arsenal (Thursday, 5:55pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Leicester vs Tottenham (Saturday, 12:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Leeds vs Derby (Saturday, 12:30pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Everton vs Sheffield United (Saturday, 3pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Newcastle vs Brighton (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT
- West Brom vs Huddersfield (Sunday, 12pm) – talkSPORT 2