The Champions League group stages start on Tuesday night with plenty of exciting fixtures to kick off the tournament’s first round of fixtures.
Holders Liverpool travel to Napoli while Barcelona have a tough test at Borussia Dortmund, with both games live on the talkSPORT network.
On Wednesday, Paris Saint-Germain meet Real Madrid in Paris while Atletico Madrid host Juventus.
The Champions League’s greatest ever goalscorers will battle it out for supremacy once again as Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo’s dominance appears unwavering.
LIVE on talkSPORT
Check out all the live commentaries coming up across the talkSPORT network this week
- Napoli vs Liverpool (Tuesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT
- Borussia Dortmund vs Barcelona (Tuesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Olympiakos vs Tottenham (Wednesday, 5:55pm) – talkSPORT
- Shakhtar Donetsk vs Man City (Wednesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT
- PSG vs Real Madrid (Wednesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Eintracht Frankfurt vs Arsenal (Thursday, 5:55pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Leicester vs Tottenham (Saturday, 12:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Leeds vs Derby (Saturday, 12:30pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Everton vs Sheffield United (Saturday, 3pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Newcastle vs Brighton (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT
- West Brom vs Huddersfield (Sunday, 12pm) – talkSPORT 2
Messi has the edge over Ronaldo in terms of group stage goals with 66 to his rivals’ 61.
Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema is third on the list with 43 and is followed by Ruud van Nistelrooy (39), Raul (37) and Zlatan Ibrahimovic (36).
The Barcelona forward also has the edge over any of his rivals in terms of goals per game ratio.
Messi has an astonishing 66 goals in 67 games at an average of 0.99 per game and has the chance to improve on that this season.
Best goals per game ratio (minimum 20 scored)
1. Lionel Messi – 0.99 (66 in 67)
2. Ruud van Nistelrooy – 0.76 (39 in 51)
3. Cristiano Ronaldo – 0.73 (61 in 83)
4= Robert Lewandowski – 0.72 (34 in 47)
4= Roy Makaay – 0.72 (23 in 32)
6= Karim Benzema – 0.68 (43 in 63)
6= Edinson Cavani – 0.68 (28 in 41)
8. Didier Drogba – 0.64 (30 in 47)
9. Filippo Inzaghi – 0.62 (29 in 47)
10. Sergio Aguero – 0.57 (28 in 49)
Van Nistelrooy is ahead of Ronaldo with 0.76 goals per game with 39 strikes in 51 appearances.
The Juventus forward is in third with 0.73 goals per game as he has scored 61 in 83. This can be partly attributed to him taking 30 games to get his first Champions League goal.
Ronaldo has made the second most group stage appearances with 83, behind only Iker Casillas on 95.
Lionel Messi is 10th on the top appearance list with 67 but can move up some places depending on how quickly he returns from his calf injury.